Master Reset basically means that it will erase your entire device’s data including your favorites, your custom settings and it will restore your device to the default factory settings. So, before performing that task, we recommend you to take a backup of your important data and copy it to a hard drive or PC. Now, follow these instructions on how to reset your Garmin Nuvi:
- First, unplug your device from the power outlet.
- Next, turn off your device then, press and hold the power button until you see to turn off the device message.
- Now, hold the lower right-hand corner of the touch screen and press the power button. Hold at least for 30 seconds until the Garmin logo will disappear.
- After that, release your fingers and then Garmin Logo will appear again.
- Once you’ll see all the copyright information and Garmin Logo on the screen then, hold the lower right-hand corner of the touch screen again.
- Now, you’ll see a message named, "Erase all user data?" Agree to that and press the yes option.
If you want to perform a master reset for Garmin Nuvi devices then, follow the points mentioned below:
- Click on View Map
- Select the Speed Icon
- Press and hold the speedometer until you see the Diagnostics Page.
- Then, Clear all user data.
- Then, click on the yes option when you’ll see a popup named "Erase all user data?"
After this, perform Garmin Nuvi Updates so that you can operate your device without facing any problems and with new features.