To receive your insurance settlement, you will need to make a detailed inventory of your property and business after a tornado, fire, or other natural disasters. You can file your claim quickly if you have prepared a personal inventory before the disaster.

The policyholder is represented by a public adjuster. Oak Park public adjusters can help you to file insurance claims and negotiate a settlement that is higher than the original offer. They act as general contractors, inspecting the site of the loss, reviewing and advising claimants regarding their policy, and determining the replacement costs for contents and the structure.

Public Adjuster

Image Source: Google

Most public adjusters get paid a percentage from the settlement. The fees they charge may range from 10% to 20%. If you have concerns about your contents, proof of ownership, or any other reason you think you might need an advocate, a public adjuster may be able to help.

If you don’t have an inventory how can you keep track of everything? It will be even more challenging due to the stress and emotions you'll feel. Do you need to hire an inventory service?

The role of an inventory service is to assist disaster victims in creating a fair and accurate inventory. They are an independent third party and do not represent the insurance company or the policyholder. They assist the victims of the disaster in gathering all information and also help them with the tedious task of finding replacement values.

This is the best option for you if you don't plan to exceed your coverage or have any problems with your insurance company.